You can tip your cleaners in increments of $10, $20 or $50.
Payment for Services: Payment is due before the end of the business day (5:00 pm PST) on the day our services are delivered. We accept payment by credit card only for the initial cleaning appointment. We accept credit card payment or electronic funds transfer payment for recurring service. We do not charge a fee for using credit cards of EFT since these are the only methods of payment we accept and are a normal cost of doing business.
- Credit Cards:
- We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover (credit or debit) for full payment on cleaning day.
- We require a signed Credit Card Authorization Form for PCI Compliance when scheduling a cleaning appointment.
- Your credit card will be charged on cleaning day and a receipt will be emailed to you.
- Regularly scheduled, recurring service appointments are set up with recurring credit card payments on their scheduled cleaning days and the automatic charge goes through in the early morning hours, usually 1:00-5:00 am.
- A $10.00 per day late payment fee will be applied when payment is not received during business hours on cleaning day.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to inform us of updated credit card information at least five business days prior to their scheduled service appointment.
- Although we accept credit cards only for the initial cleaning, we also offer Electronic Funds Transfer as well as Credit Cards for recurring service.
- Electronic Funds Transfer:
- In addition to credit cards, we also accept EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) for full payment on cleaning day, for recurring service only.
- If you would like us to charge your bank account instead of your credit card, we require a signed EFT Authorization Form for PCI Compliance.
- Your EFT will be charged on cleaning day and a receipt will be emailed to you.
- Regularly scheduled, recurring service appointments are set up with recurring EFT transactions (or credit card payments) on their scheduled cleaning days and the automatic charge goes through in the early morning hours, usually 1:00-5:00 am.
- A $10 per day late payment fee will be applied when payment is not received during business hours on cleaning day.
- A $40 fee will be applied to charge backs and returned items from your bank.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to inform us of updated bank information at least five business days prior to their scheduled service appointment.
- Lock‐Out Fee: You are responsible for providing professional house cleaners access/entry to your home. Customers can avoid a lock-out fee by providing a key to be kept in the insured lock box in our office. If cleaners arrive for their scheduled appointment and aren’t able to enter the home, a lock-out fee of 100% of the scheduled service price will be charged. Seattle Green Cleaner is insured against any problems associated with giving us access to your home.
- Late Payment Fee: A $10 per day late payment fee will be applied when payment is not received during business hours on cleaning day.
- Refunds: We do not offer refunds. If you are not happy, please let us know the same day cleaning was provided and we will come back to re‐clean any areas free of charge according to our Satisfaction Guarantee. As an ethical company, we will not trade refunds for reviews.
Updated policy through Phase 3 of the Approach to Recovery
All of us at SGC have been quarantined and are officially, without question, able to return to work. We understand that many of our customers are still working from home, not able to leave for work, or are homeschooling children (do we all agree that teachers deserve about a billion dollars per year?).
- If you’re able to leave during your cleaning appointment, please do. This helps keeps everyone safe.
- If you’re not able to leave during your cleaning appointment, please confine yourself/family to one area of the home. We can clean that area last or skip that area.
We need at least ONE FULL WEEK’s Notice of Cancellation via email until Phase 4 of the Approach to Recovery is implemented.
- If your appointment is on a Monday, you will need to cancel before the Monday one week before your scheduled service.
- Let’s say the appointment you want to cancel is Monday, May 18th. With this temporary policy (until Phase 4 is implemented), you must cancel before Monday, May 11th. (So by May 10th)
- Our normal cancellation policy is to receive cancellation more than two business days in advance. With the regular policy, if your appointment was on a Monday, you would have to cancel before 5pm the Wednesday before. Now you need ONE FULL WEEK before your scheduled appointments.
- When customers cancel at the last minute (within two business days), we are not able to fill that space for customers who do want their homes cleaned and our staff find themselves off instead of working.
- This updated policy was emailed to each customer and was posted on our blog 04 May, 2020.
Scheduling Changes/Fees: Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to reschedule or cancel a cleaning appointment. If you can provide us with at least 7 days advance notice of any scheduling changes, it gives us an opportunity to find another home to clean. Last minute notifications make it nearly impossible to find your professional house cleaners work and can cause them financial hardship.
Our customers have peace of mind knowing we will be at our scheduled appointments. We request the same courtesy from our customers. Since we schedule weeks and often months in advance, when an appointment is canceled at the last minute, we aren’t able to fill that spot. Our cancellation/rescheduling policy protects our professional house cleaners who depend on the hours we have scheduled for them.
- $100.00 Cancellation Fee – A $100 charge will be applied for appointments canceled two business days prior to a scheduled appointment.
- 100% Cancellation Fee – Cancellations received within one business day of a scheduled appointment, same-day cancellations and no-show/lock-out appointments are charged 100% of the scheduled service price. When we collect this fee, we still pay employees as if they’d cleaned for you for the full time.
- Example of two business days: If your appointment is on a Friday, it must be rescheduled or canceled via email before 5:00 pm on Tuesday to avoid any fees (Wednesday and Thursday are the two business days prior to the scheduled appointment). If your appointment is on a Monday, it must be rescheduled or canceled via email before 5:00 pm on Wednesday to avoid any fees (Thursday and Friday are the two business days prior to the scheduled appointment).
- Business hours are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Cancellations after 5:00 pm are “The next business day”. Cancellations must be received via email.
Scheduling changes can result in the following:
- PRICE CHANGES – The price for your recurring service is partly based on time between cleaning appointments. We have 4 recurring categories:
- Weekly (Once a week)
- Bi‐Weekly (Every two weeks)
- Monthly (Every four weeks)
- Occasional (Six weeks or more since the last cleaning)
Rescheduling your cleaning can result in an increased cost of service. For example, if a biweekly customer skips an every 2 week cleaning appointment, this creates a 4 week interval between visits. Cleaning time takes longer for monthly service (every 4 weeks) than for biweekly service (every 2 weeks). We can either increase the cleaning time necessary to complete the same areas or we can work off of a priority list. Time will be considered for vacations when the home is not occupied.
Termination of Service: We realize circumstances arise which make the cost of professional house cleaning move lower on the financial priority list. We’re happy to help you find creative ways of keeping our service by reducing the frequency of cleaning appointments, reducing the amount of time cleaners are there, and/or working from a priority list.
If you have recurring appointments scheduled with us and wish to terminate service, we require a minimum of two full weeks notice prior to the next scheduled appointment for biweekly customers and four full weeks notice prior to the next scheduled appointment for monthly customers.
We process all transactions through Authorize.Net and we are PCI Compliant.