Seattle Green Cleaner is staying open!
On March 23, 2020, Governor Inslee issued an Executive Order directing all residents immediately to heed current State public health directives to stay home, except as needed to maintain continuity of operations of essential critical infrastructure sectors and additional sectors as the State Public Health Officer may designate as critical to protect health and well-being of all Washingtonians.
Governor Inslee’s definition of an Essential Workforce, includes: “Workers such as plumbers, electricians, exterminators, and other service providers who provide services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences.” Seattle Green Cleaner will remain open and operating with limited staff. Here is the list of “Essential Workers”: EssentialCriticalInfrastructureWorkers
We believe a clean home is vital to our customers’ health, especially during this time!
Please help us help you so we can all be safe.
- Among other common sense safety measures, the CDC recommends cleaning frequently touched areas. That’s where we come in.
- We will not send cleaners with any known symptoms. If you have symptoms of the virus, please let us know via email immediately.
- If cleaners can spend their time cleaning surfaces instead of tidying, washing dishes, etc., the cleaning duration will be shorter and you can get back to your life – but with a cleaner home!
- While you’re at home, please try to stay in a confined area during cleaning. This helps make cleaning happen faster than usual and helps our cleaners to keep a safe distance (6 feet or more) in case you are unknowingly a carrier of the virus.
- According to the CDC and the EPA, there has yet to be a single case of Covid-19 spreading from an inanimate object to a person. It is an airborne virus. You need to be within 6 feet of someone who is coughing and/or sneezing to catch the virus.
- The cleaning time may be the perfect time to go for a walk or a stroll in the park. Fresh air is good for all of us!
- Hydrogen Peroxide and Rubbing Alcohol are your friend during this time. Please don’t use any toxic cleaning products like bleach or Lysol. If we use vinegar, for example, and you’ve recently used a toxic chemical, a caustic reaction happens. This is horribly dangerous for our cleaners’ lungs, for your indoor air quality, and can harm those surfaces and possibly your plumbing.
- Keep your appointments. Unless you are severely immunocompromised and don’t feel comfortable having people a comfortable distance away (10 feet or more), cleaning is needed.
- If you must cancel, please give us ample notice via email, no less than two business days before your scheduled appointment. If you have a Friday appointment, for example, and know you need to cancel, please do so via email before 5pm on Tuesday.
We are operating with only half of our staff, but we have plenty of openings. Please don’t hesitate to let us know what you need. We are in it together; making the world a better place one home at a time.
I believe Mother Nature has given us a wake up call. This is a good thing. People are hurting but I’ve seen some silver linings recently. I’ve seen Humanity at its best. From a friend in the bar industry now out of work, who is cooking and delivering meals to other friends, to the people now grocery shopping for multiple friends so they don’t have to leave home, to people paying for other people’s meals without telling them, to friends and family in the medical field who work tirelessly… Humanity is beautiful!
Remember when the Seahawks won the Superbowl and we all celebrated downtown? Remember Marshawn Lynch, Richard Sherman, and Russell Wilson on that Firetruck throwing Skittles? That’s what I’m fully excepting for Seattle in a few weeks.
Oh, and for my staff who are staying healthy, sticking with us, and making sure our customers still receive the services they need – you’re all getting a pay raise effective March 30th!
Thank you, Humanity. Thank you, Seattle.
Jennifer (Jen) Troyer, Green Guru/President
Seattle Green Cleaner ~ For a cleaner home and a cleaner conscience™